Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My first day at work


 Rather different from the BRC, have already met everyone at the NZRC on my first day!  During my nearly 4 years at BRC I did not even know all the people on my floor! My team seem nice enough but will meet them properly and go for coffee tomorrow.  Also, I do not have to put up with varying degrees of grey hues from the window anymore. trees from my window, the harbour from across the room.

We are still house hunting.  We want to live in a suburb close to the sea and work, being quite fussy, so we'll just be patient and wait and see what comes up in the next few weeks.  What we want is totally affordable compared to London but it is a smallish area so not many come up.

We are now in our serviced apartment which is quite pleasant with a back garden - unfortunately shared with a few other flats and currently occupied by some rather loud NZ woman, eating too many sausages.  For a country that seems on the one hand obsessed with sport and very healthy, there are a lot of fat people.  Gran would be horrified! 'I don't think you need another one', she'd probably say! Snorkers for porkers.


My desk

the view from my window!
On my way to meet eduardo - the view is actually where we want to live, so this will be my walk home.!

No comments:

Post a Comment